Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2021

The Unknown Tsunami Evacuation

 When I arrived at school everyone was lining up,I was so confused because I didn't what was going on. Then suddenly Mrs Lindsay told me to come with her up the hill behind the school. I was so blank, why were we  going up the hill? So I went up the hill with the whole school. When we reached up the top of the  hill my legs were sore and i was dizzy . I saw everybody was worried  I asked my friend what is going on? She said there’s a  tsunami alert  in Paihia, my brain went upside down. I have only seen tsunami evacuation in movies  but not in real life I was totally blank, I shook my head and then closed my eyes tight. I just said it is a dream but when I open my eyes it wasn't a dream. Then I asked her why is there a tsunami alert here? My jaw dropped when I heard what she was saying, there was an  earthquake down south  which was very strong. This  lead to a tsunami, I was so terrified and scared.This was happening to me for the  first time in my whole 10 years of living on earth!!!! Some of the kids were calling their parents to check  if they're  ok, after a while i didn’t hesitate and asked  Whaea  Becks to call my mom. I was really happy that she was coming, after 1 hour my mom picked me up and we went to KeriKeri to a safe place because it is hilly. Have you been in a tsunami 

Evacuation? Thank you for listening to my Tsunami blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment